In addition to these Gift Card Terms and Conditions please also read the MyAlloys General Terms & Conditions of service.
1. A Gift Card is a prepaid payment card which may be used to pay for goods and services at MyAlloys Ltd. The purchase of a Gift Card is the purchase of a means of payment, it is not a deposit. You will not earn interest on the balance of the card.
2. A Gift Card may be used by the purchaser of the Gift Card or it may be given to another person as a gift.
3. Gift cards can be used as full or part payment towards the total invoice value. No cash change will be given, any remaining balance will remain on the gift card until the expiry date shown on the gift card.
In the case of part payment, the person using the Gift Card will be required to pay the outstanding amount of the purchase by an alternative means, for example, cash or debit or credit card.
4. Your Gift Card will cease to be valid 6 months from the date of purchase – this is referred to as the “expiry date”. On that date, the card will cease to function and you will not be entitled to use the card. The associated balance of the card (if any) at the expiry date will be forfeited, therefore you should use the full value of the card before its expiry date. Any funds forfeited will be used for the ongoing operation of the gift card programme.
5. Services need to be booked in advance. Once you have received your gift card(s), please have your gift card number available when making your booking.
6. You will need to bring your gift card with you and exchange it at the Reception on the day of your booking.
7. Vouchers do not provide priority access to bookings.
CANCELLATION PERIOD AND REFUND PROCEDURE
8. The purchaser of the card is entitled to a 14-day ‘cooling off’ period. Only the person who has purchased the Gift Card will be able to request a refund, subject to proof of identity, production of the original receipt and the return of the Gift Card. Any refund will be made by returning funds to the source of the original Gift Card purchase; for example if the card was purchased using a credit card, funds will be returned to that credit card.
9. After 14 days from the date of purchase only the balance remaining on the Gift Card will be refunded and any refund will be subject to a £9.95 administration fee to cover the costs of processing the refund and cancelling the Gift Card.
10. Any free gifts supplied with the purchase of the Gift Card will have to be returned in their original condition and packaging. If this is not possible a fee to cover the market value of the gift will be deducted from the balance before processing the refund.
LOST, STOLEN OR DAMAGED GIFT CARDS
11. You are responsible for keeping your Gift Card and its details safe. This means you must take all reasonable steps to avoid the loss, theft or misuse of the Gift Card or details. Do not disclose the Gift Card details to anyone except where necessary to complete a transaction.
12. If you lose your Gift Card or it is stolen or damaged please MyAlloys immediately by telephoning 01256 329 444. You will be asked to provide your Gift Card number and other information to verify that you are the authorised cardholder. Following satisfactory completion of the verification process
MyAlloys will then immediately block any lost or stolen Gift Card to prevent unauthorised use and cancel any damaged Gift Card to prevent further use.
13. After you have notified us of the loss, theft or damage of your Gift Card and providing that we are able to identify your card and satisfy certain security checks, you will be able to collect a replacement card from the Basingstoke address. A cancellation and replacement fee of £5.95 per Gift Card will be deducted from the remaining balance on the Gift Card, or you may elect to pay the fee separately.
Replacement cards can only be collected up to the expiry date of the original card.
14. In the event of a replacement card being issued, the original expiry date of the gift card will be retained.
15. The cooling off period described in Section 8 does not apply to replacement cards.
16. All telephone enquiries in connection with a Gift Card should be made to Customer Services by calling 01256 329 444.
CHANGES TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS
17. These Terms and Conditions may be changed or amended at any time for legal, regulatory or security reasons or to enable the proper delivery of or to improve the delivery of the Gift Card scheme. Copies of the revised Terms and Conditions will be made available at Customer Services Desk and online at www.myalloys.co.uk.
18. Due to the nature of Gift Card programmes, it is often difficult or impossible for us to contact each individual cardholder in the event of a change to these terms & conditions. It is therefore the responsibility of both the Gift Card purchaser and the recipient to check the website www.myalloys.co.uk regularly for changes to terms & conditions. We will assume that you have done so, and will be entitled to assume you have accepted any changes to these terms & conditions unless you notify us otherwise. We will deal with any such circumstances on a case-by-case basis.